tisdag 14 oktober 2008

In The Waiting Room

It's always a bit chaotic in the waiting room before going into the shala in the morning. Everyone is apointed a time for practice, and the longer you've been here, the earlier times you get. I started at 7.15, now I have 7, and I will probably practice earlier and earlier as time goes by. People come and people go, so Sharath moves people back so the newcomers get the late times.

It's quite democratic. It doesn't matter if you are a hotshot, or a long time student or if you are here for the first time. You get your time, and you just accept that. Maybe like five to ten people get the same time, so in the waiting room, you have to keep track of who was there before you. The thing is that some people get there really early (my teacher told me that Sharath really disaproves of this, I'm beginning to understand why now). So there is always a confusion on whos turn it is to go into the shala when Sharath shouts "One more!".

Yesterday and today there was this guy who came after me, and after a lot of people who were waiting to go in. I know he has the same time as me and others waiting. He just went in before everyone else! We were just looking at each other like questionmarks. I wish I had said to him "Have you studied the Yoga Sutras, I mean, really studied them?". Just as well I didn't.

There was also this incident in ledd class when this girl asked another girl who had stopped in an earlier pose to move so that she could get more space! You are supposed to sit on your mat in padmasana and wait to join the finishing postures. Luckily Saraswati saw this and asked the girl to come back.

So, there are a lot of big egoes here. I'm thinking of asteya- non stealing. If you rob someone of there time and space, that's a form of stealing.
Most people are really wonderful and humble here, but there is a group of people who are "the cool ones" with big egoes. Some people say "hi" to you, some don't even see you. I guess you get this everywhere, even with yogis. I just try to avoid them, but since I wrote this post on the blog, they got to me somehow...

Inga kommentarer: