onsdag 25 mars 2009

The Small Victories

The practice has been really tough for me the last month. Lot's of resistance in my body (and mind...), and I've been really stiff. Yesterday was the first day in like a month that I actually felt light and had a good practice. Well, good in the sence of feeling like "wow", the pain and heaviness is gone!

Today, I had another small victory. Most of the blocks were taken. I ususally use four blocks to do my urdhva danurasana, needing the hight of two blocks to hold my hands on. I've tried before to to use only the hight of one block, but then I haven't been able to push myself up into the bridge. Lately the teachers have been giving people extra supported poses to help them open up in certain parts, so the blocks these days are always in use by someone else. Since there hasn't been any blocks free, I've been doing only half bridge pose lately. This is not helping me forward. So, today I thought that I have to try to get up without the blocks, starting with using the block on the high end. It worked! I then tried putting the flat side down, thinking it was going to be too low, but it worked too! This is a major step for me! A small, but big victory! Soon I'll be doing bridge pose without any props!

Today I feel content.

1 kommentar:

Unknown sa...

Grattis! Vad härligt det är verkligen en seger att fira... har hänt massor helt enkelt Stor kram Anna