lördag 6 december 2008

A Powerful Practice

Coming back from my journey, I have observed peoples reactions.

If you take two months off from work, and practice 6 mornings a week, it means that you have to be passionate. It means you have to have discipline, it means you have to sacrifice some things. It means you beleive in something. This seems to affect people.

Many of my friends encourage me, and I am so grateful for that. It may seem that it is an obvious thing to encourage someones passion, but it is not. I think many people are afraid of the powerful force it means in devoting yourself to what you beleive in. I wonder why?

Some people react by saying something about taking so much time off from work. The loss of income, bad career move, welcome back to reality and so on.
Others comment on the practice. Going to bed early, getting up early and practicing before going to work, eating food that is good for you instead of what tastes good, on become too fit, on being happy and positive ( I guess it stands out since so many people are more or less depressed and are afraid of listening to thier hearts wish). On choosing one thing to which you direct your energy to make it grow, because this means pulling back your energy from other things. If you pull back your energy from things that affect other people, of course they will be scared!

Although I have a long way to go before I become free from everything that is holding me back from becoming who I really am, I do beleive I am on the right path. For every day I do my practice, I get closer to myself. I have faith. I also have fears. Fears of letting go of what I have, fears of discovering what is inside. But my curiosity and desire is stronger. All I can do is carry on the practice, and accept what comes with an open heart.

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

this post really helped me to get back on my faithful track. thanx tina, bless you!