fredag 3 april 2009

Raw Experience

About two weeks ago I was searching the internet for articles on food and yoga. What would be the best food to eat for a yogi? I know what guruji recommends: sattvic foods (see article for more info: http://www.yogachicago.com/jan05/diet.shtml). Food that is light, easy to digest and full of prana. Sugar, wheat and dairy are recommended, and I don´t agree with thoose foods. In Mysore, people weren´t eating dinner, and Sharath recommended to have a glass of warm milk with ghee in the evening.

Anyways, when searching the net I came across raw food, or living food as it is also called. Since I have a Vata/ Kapha constitution, I thought it might be good for my kapha. I´ve been listening to the raw food "guru" David Wolfe. He has a degree in nutrition, so he really seems to know what he is talking about. I have to say that I am very fascinated with what raw food seems to be able to do for you. It it said to purify the body, give more nutrition and prana, it is enzyme rich so the body doesn´t have to waste it´s own enzymes, it gives strength, vitality, glowing skin and sparkling eyes, cures diseases, stabalizes the weight and so on....

So, ofcourse I have to give it a shot! I´m not going 100% raw, but I´m going to try to incorporate a lot more raw food and superfoods than I usually eat. The last two weeks I´ve been doing just that, I´ve also been drinking 2 litres of water a day. I have to say, my skin has improved tremendously, and my practice feels easier. I don´t feel as stiff as I´ve been feeling lately! I have more energy and I feel quite happy and light!

I will continue with this and write to tell you how it goes. I´m also planning to do a detoxification. I´m quite exited to see the results. I will keep you posted!

Inga kommentarer: