onsdag 14 januari 2009

Pure Energy, Pure Mass

You know how sometimes your body feels like it is made of pure energy. You just fly through the postures. And other days it feels like a heavy mass, dense, like lead, or concrete.

This morning my body felt really heavy. I was wondering if I should practice at all! To start with it felt really horrible. The sun salutations were pure pain. I had no energy. But I told myself to think that the practice today is for increasing the energy in my body. So, I took it easy and concentrated on my breath, and spreading the prana in my body. Actually, what started out as a painful practice ended in feeling really great!

What can I learn from this? Well, for one thing, intention is important. The other thing is that even when you feel horrible, it is worth getting on the mat and doing your practice. The practice can change the way you feel.

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

so true. to me the heavy/light feeling comes and goes all the time. i like to think it's connected to the moon. when the moon fades i feel heavy and when it comes i feel light.
it's also a good way to practice accepting that every day can not the best, by practicing on the heavy days as well :)