fredag 22 maj 2009

Gururji- Thankyou


गुरु
A guru is a person who is regarded as having great knowledge, wisdom and authority in a certain area, and who uses these abilities to guide others. A guru is one characterized as someone who dispels spiritual ignorance with spiritual illumination, who brings light into darkness.

I have often wondered if I can consider Sri K. Pattbhi Jois as my guru. Doesn´t one need to have a personal relashionship with a teacher to call him or her your guru? After some consideration, I decide to call him guruji, not my guru, but guruji. Meaning he is the guru of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, the teacher of my teachers. And I am eternally greatful to him for dedicating his life to the practice of yoga, and teaching it to many people from all over the world. He has brought light into the life of thousands of people! That is just incredible.

I am greatful that I had the opportunity to be in his presence, even though I never spoke to him, or had any adjustment from him, he still radiated a certain kind of energy around him that touched me. He was 93 years old, and still had a back straight as a plank. Although he seemed to be slightly senile, he had a presence and a clarity in his eyes. He still seemed curious.

So, thankyou Guruji. You are like a bright, shining star in the dark sky, leading the way for anyone who is willing to see and follow the guidance. Even though your bodily presence is no longer in this world, your spirit will live on in the hearts of thousands of people. Vande gurunam will now take on another meaning for me. I bow to the lotus feet of the guru.

Inga kommentarer: