måndag 17 augusti 2009

Another Injury...What´s Happening!?

First, six weeks rehabilitation from broken ribs, then one week of a bad cold missing the workshop with Dena, and now...a sprained knee! Yipee! Yoga bliss was short. Sunday´s and today´s practices were great. I felt strong and flexible and energetic and soo happy to be able to practice fully again. And then, at the end of the practice, while getting into supta virasana, my right knee pops.

I don´t know what happened. I do that pose every day. I was really warmed up. Maybe I got into the pose too quickly. Maybe my knee was a bit misaligned. Maybe there is no use in asking why.

On the way back from work today I was litening to a pod cast with one of my favorite Buddhist teachers, Gil Fonsdale. The talk is called "Working With Difficulties". It was just the right talk for me right now! He suggested that how you look at difficulties can change the way you perceive them. Difficulties, or obstacles, is the path, the dharma. Being open and aware, accepting them and seeing what you can learn from them instead of seeing them as problems, can profoundly change the way you experience them. Then they become openings to growth instead of walls you walk into.

I so do want to have an injury free, pain free, full practice. But, I probably have something more to learn!

2 kommentarer:

Helen sa...

Hi Tina!

Thanks so much for the tip on Gils talks, I like them so much, and there are so many, it´s great!! Hope you´re doing fine!

Thomas Vinson sa...

One of my teachers told me once that every injury could be traced back to your state of mind at the time of the injury. It took me about 8 years before I believed him. I actually found the notion offensive when I first heard it. It is probably too late to recall, but I recomend after an injury to look at your exact state of mind at the exact moment of the injury.

Very difficult!