söndag 23 augusti 2009

Understanding Your Practice

I just went to my first Yin Yoga class today. I was recommended by a yoga therapist/ chiropractor to substitute one Ashtanga class(being very yang) a week with one yin class. I´ve been seeking information about what Yin Yoga is, and what I ´ve found sounds really interesting. Mainly I´ve read the information on yinyoga.com, and I´ve also watched som vidoes with Paul Grilley on you tube. In this moment, I am listening to an interview with Sarah Powers, also a yin yoga teacher, and she quoted the Upanishads, and I felt that I wanted to share these words with anyone who is possibly reading my blog. These are really interesting words:

-Understanding without practice, is better than practice without understanding.
-Understanding with practice, is better than understanding without practice.
-Resting in your authentic nature, is better than any understanding or practice.

2 kommentarer:

Thomas Vinson sa...

Great blog! I just found you at random. Come by and visit mind/body sometime.

sup yoga costa rica sa...

Fabulous, what a website it iѕ! This web ѕite ρresents valuable information to us, κeep it up.