fredag 5 september 2008

I Will Stand On My Head


Only three weeks to go, and during these weeks I have to learn how to stand on my head without the wall, without the teacher. I have been struggling with this pose for three years now, and I still feel I need the wall! My teacher Maria is trying to prepare me for Mysore. She said that there will be no wall for me in Mysore. So I had better learn in three weeks! She is very firm, but in a warm and loving way.
I can stand, but I have problems getting up. My left shoulder is much weaker than my right one, so that makes me unbalanced and I can´t press my shoulders into the floor like I should. But teacher sais it is enough with the strength of just one shoulder. So, trust the teacher, trust the method....and we will see!
Also there is the fear of falling. This is a mental obstacle. One of my biggest aspirations in life is to be free. And I would really like to be free from the wall! Before going into headstand, I picture myself doing the pose perfectly. We will see if this helps! The body changes quicker than the mind. This is important to remember.

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

Oh, headstand!!
I find it diffuclt too. I need many breaths to go from folded legs to straight, slowly slowly I rise. At my last practice I thought that all your fear shows like an open book in this pose. I am very sensitive to distractions doing it, a little sound, someone moving, and I tremble :-)
I´m reading about obstacles now in "The heart of yoga" and in headstand, my obstacles are truly hesitation and doubt and fear. I´ve fallen some times and it doesn´t hurt so as you say the body changes quicker than the mind!