onsdag 1 oktober 2008

The Shala

When I went to register, I was nervous. Guruji was sitting in his chair, but he is looking very old and perhaps a bit senile. I hardly dared to look at him! Sharath asked us to fill in a form, gave us a card and asked ut to come at 7.15 am.
The next morning we arived 15 minutes early: 5 minutes earlier as said Sharath and an extra 10 minutes ealy because the shala clock goes tem minutes before!
There was a lot of energy in the room, and it was very warm and sweatty! But I was soo flexible! My god, what a difference! But as I anticipated, he stopped me in Marichy C. Fine with me. When I was going to do headstand I was really nervouse, since I had only done it on my own a couple of times. The first few attempts were shaky, but then I made it. Ouff!
After practice you can buy a coconut to drink for ten rupies and chat with the other yogis before you go home to was, change and the go for breakfast. Lots of Japanese people are here, Brasilians, Americans and Italians. There are also other Europeans, Finns, Irish, Brittish, Turkish, but I think we are in minority!

More to come!

4 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

ojojoj how exciting! i speed-read through all the three new posts. good to hear that you finally arrived and even have practiced already! miss seeing you in the shala though. have a good time away :)

Anonym sa...

:-) Good to hear you arrived. Me too, speed-read your post, seems kind of hard to understand that you are actually there now!! Sounds like a nice place you´ve found the apartment, hope the sleeping gets better. Must be great practicing there, I´m kind of jealous ;-)
The source, I wonder what it will bring to you! hope to hear more soon.
Love

Anonym sa...

Great to hear from you! I'm very curious about the shala and practicing there. And life in India-sounds very exciting! Take care.

Tina sa...

Nice to hear from you!There is so much to write about, at least now in the beginning. Take care!
Love, Tina