tisdag 4 november 2008

Down With a Cold

Lot's of people in the shala are sneezing and blowing their noses, so it's just been a matter of time before I came down with a cold. I was hoping to stop it, but now I'm feeling quite congested and not so well. I haven't practiced for four days! I hope to be able to practice on thursday. I'm quite strict with not practicing when sick. I know the Mysore tradition is that you can practice as long as you don't have a fever, but my beleif is that you need to rest. My teacher Lisa says that as long as the practice gives you energy it's ok to practice, if it takes energy then it's best to rest.
I bought this Indian flu medicine, and I'm already feeling a bit better, so we will see! It's a bugger to get sick and miss practice! But that's life; you can't always get what you want, and things don't always work out the way you plan. That's something I am learning here in India, to not plan too much, take things as they come, and be ready to change your plans. It feels quite good though, to take things as they come!

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

Krya på dig!
Hope you'll feel better soon and have happy practice.
Love, Maria