måndag 10 november 2008

Powercuts

Exactly, this is what they look like! Powercuts all the time! But the first month I was here we didn't have a single powercut. Now it happens several times a day. I heard from an Indian person that the goverment is trying to save money, so they cut off the power now and then, and that on the 15th of November it will be back as usual! Sounds crazy! Don't know wether to beleive it or not.
Anyways, now I am at Rishis Internet Cafe (where they have an extra generator) instead of Anus (where they don't). So, back to they theme of a typical day in Mysore:
  • I wake up at 5:15am except on fridays and sundays when there is ledd class at 4:45, which means getting upp at 3:30am!
  • Practice at 6:15am, after that I have a coconut outside the shala chatting with other yogis.
  • Go home, have shower and then off to have breakfast at Santosha, Om Cafe, Vivienns or Tina's
  • After breakfast I go with Olle and Britta to have a wonderful dubbel cappucino at Barista, and we sit there for over an hour and chat and read the Indian newspaper.
  • The rest of the day I might do some shopping (I am really shopping a lot here, what am I going to do with everything?), go to the pool, look at some sight, go for lunch, do some washing up (by hand.....it takes forever, and the water is not so warm and I wonder how clean the clothes get), go to an internet cafe to blog and email, wait for maybe half an hour for a free computer, then I give up and think that tomorow I will blog, but the same thing happens the next day, that's why I'm not blogging as much as I had hoped for. Next time I come here (oh yes, I will), I will bring my own computer and have internet connection at home! God, that would be so lovely!

So, the days pass by here in a slow but lovely tempo. The Indians are not a stressed people(well, in the big cities I guess they are). There is time to really talk to people, and there is time to be by yourself, there is time to read and reflect, and above all; there is time to really go in for the yoga.

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

How nice to see what your days are like! Sounds like heaven to me :) except getting up at 3.30... Lucky there is no work to go to afterwards!
Kram :)